Monday, March 22, 2010

Upgrade?

It was hard to do, but now it's done. This one was a surprise find at the time, and a real bargain to boot. Here, it's stripped and cleaned, ready for an easy retirement of logging roads and bike paths with it's future new owner, unless he backs out... in which case it may become a project, rigid fork SS.

In the last 10 years it's...
-carried me through the STP (with slicks of course)
-been ridden all over the GPNF, western WA, and sporadic rides on the dry side
-been ridden in CA, ID, MT, KS, NE
-carried my nephew up a tough local climb to earn his own new bike
-about 5000 miles of crashes, stories, photos and memories
-had most of the parts upgraded at least once

This one was a very good deal, but not AS good. It does have several things I have been wanting however, thus, rationalization + deep sale $$$ = new bike...

In it's first two weeks, it's carried me to Ecola SP in OR (fork locked out), and today, it got baptized in springtime WA mud. I had significantly reduced my time on dirt in the past few years because I had to travel to get to good trails, not an easy thing to do once junior came on-scene. But in the last couple of years there have been some really good local trails built. It feels really good to play in the mud!

...and I've got a lot of ridin' to do to honor the old horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment