Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring getaway

Friday...
Lazy morning, which turned into frenzied packing for a weekend trip. Play date at a "bouncy house" with a friend and fellow Fengcheng family. My how they are growing!


Then on to the beach. Nearly 70 degrees, calm, and clear. Hung out on the deck, walked, relaxed. The evening looked like this, and yes, it really is March...


Saturday...
Slept in. The day dawned beautifully, then proceeded to get WINDY, and foggy/overcast. The kind were everything is wet and soggy even though it isn't actually raining. A walk on the beach was a "put your back into it" affair thanks to the wind. Even the dogs couldn't hack it for long. I took the new ride for a spin to Ecola SP where I met a line of traffic 1/4 mile back from the top, idling and spewing out exhaust while enroute to look at paradise. I turned around and settled for a photo op on the dunes. Elly and Tina enjoyed some quality time playing and hanging out. I came back from my ride to find this...


Sunday...
Another late morning, which is a rarity in our household. I tried Ecola SP again. At the base of the road, I found a young elk standing resolutely in the middle of the road. Then, in the brush about 30 feet off the pavement, about 10 elk, including three bulls. Of course they were on the move by the time I got a camera out...


...then upward to Ecola. This time I found only three cars in the parking lot. Today was supposed to be the day with the bad weather, but it was actually pretty nice. Very little wind, mild temps, overcast. Not complaining. The view from here is one of my favorites, regardless of the weather...


Then, play time, re-pack, the mandatory stop at the Outlet Stores, and home again. Too soon...

Happy Birthdays this month to Aidan, Jo-Jo, DeMarcus and Holden!

1 comment:

  1. Fun times! I've always wanted to ride on one of those little scooters!

    ReplyDelete